Vista blocking outgoing ports for Outlook, FTP-client etc..?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by missPixelBlip, May 20, 2007.

1. missPixelBlip

missPixelBlip

Hi,

I recently bought the new special edition HP, dv6275 with Vista home premium installed.
    Most things work fine, but in my work i need to upload files to webhotels/servers using a FTP-client.

Nothing works. The second i try to establish a connection it dies. i've tried programs like total commander, dreamweaver. its all the same.

Also Outlook cant connect to my mailserver to get my mails. Highly annoying. Anyone else had this problem? Please help! :crying:

Another thing is webradios... need them to work.. to work ;)
    THX:)

missPixelBlip, May 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. missPixelBlip

Joni_R

You could start by typing "windows firewall" in startmenu searchbox and checking if those programs are allowed to connect to internet.

Joni_R, May 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. missPixelBlip

Ken4me

You might want to go into the System Properties and uncheck the "Allow Remote Assistance connection to this computer". My understanding is that this will unblock a communications port. Let me know how it turns out.

Ken4me, May 20, 2007
  4. missPixelBlip

missPixelBlip

Thx for the replies, but i have of course tried everything with the firewall already.

Unchecking "Allow Remote Assistance connection to this computer" didnt work well either. Any other suggestions? Someone must know? :ermm:

missPixelBlip, May 21, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question