Vista Beta 2 Largest download in history

Discussion in 'Vista News' started by Jason, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Jason

Jason

In an instant message chat, Microsoft has told the Windows Featured Communities that the demand for Windows Vista Beta 2 has been overwhelming. It is, in fact, the largest downloaded software in history. Currently, they are serving product keys out ten times faster then the downloads can be served. In fact, they are pumping out bits as fast as they can - any faster and there would be a measurable impact on the internet. In fact, I quote a Microsoft representive:

"So, we are literally saying that if we increased our bandwidth any further there's a possibilty of taking down the Internet - people might have problems with World Cup viewing, etc"

People who have recieved Vista Beta 2 product keys, but are unable to download, may need to wait a few days, up to one week. Microsoft encoruages users who want to try out Windows Vista Beta 2 to order the DVD. When they recieve the DVD in 1-4 weeks, install it, and activate it, they will be automattically guaranteed an RC1 upgrade.

Jason, Jun 13, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

pa1916

I didn,t have a problem with the download but later i asked myself was it worth it i know it's a beta version nothing would work on my first two computers IE sound and PCI output device thats on the recovery disk drivers on VISTA a no no so i got my old computer down and hay ho everything worked but added on software did not.:)

pa1916, Jun 15, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Jason

Jason

It just boggles my mind that microsoft has so much control over the internet. They can literly hold it hostage.

Jason, Jun 15, 2006
  4. Jason

niffer022

it took me 2 days to get vista, it was same old message.. we are experiencing high demands...... :)

they gave me 3 key codes before i got the download :lol:

niffer022, Jun 16, 2006
  5. Jason

Jason

I dont know why they didnt just come out w/ a keyless version, its easy to embed it into the installer. Prolly would make things faster/easier on there part. Since its public everyone just shares them anyways, I dont see what the big secret is.

Jason, Jun 16, 2006
  6. Jason

niffer022

it boggles my mind too as to why they didnt do that, but thats microsoft for ya trying to make things hard for them selfs :w00t:

niffer022, Jun 17, 2006
  7. Jason

scott123

Took about 1.5 hours for me 2 days after it was released. Maybe I was lucky.

scott123, Jun 27, 2006
  8. Jason

blackhat

maybe because microsoft dont want the beta on a torrent site or to reduce the beta downloads. you have an almost full windows version for free:Wow:

blackhat, Jul 20, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question