Vista Activation Question

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by seamustry, Mar 13, 2008.

1. seamustry

seamustry

I installed Vista Business a few days ago and I was wondering about activation. I haven't activated it yet but I want to do it soon.

Here's my question. I got this Vista through my college's MSDNAA program and I have a legit serial number. I was wondering if I activate it, will I have any problems in the future if I want to reinstall Vista on the same computer?

thanks!

seamustry, Mar 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. seamustry

WAW8

If you installed it without supplying a product key, you have 30 days from the date of installation to activate it. If you don't activate it, it will shut down on you.

Retail keys are supposed to allow one reactivation without having to contact MS; OEM keys do not allow even one reactivation -- they are locked when first used. But since you got Vista through a college program, it may be considered an "academic" version (similar to what MS does for Office versions). So, I don't know what the rules are on academic versions. I would check with your college to find out what they know.

WAW8, Mar 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question