Vista 64bit and Icon Problems

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by lolsonjr, Feb 10, 2009.

1. lolsonjr

lolsonjr

I switched to 64bit Vista a while back. The only real problem I have is with Vista not properly showing any or all of the icons. I have many icons that are displayed as just plain paper icons with a straight white color. For many I can get the proper icon back by clicking on properties and then shortcut, and then clicking the proper icon. This however is a very time consuming process. Isn't there some kind way I could fix the icons in bulk so to speak?

lolsonjr, Feb 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. lolsonjr

vnvnvn2000

hey, i was just wondering if you resolved this issue because i believe i am having the same problem. i have about 30 icons on my desktop and they have all changed to the default (no icon) image? even when i try to "change icon" i browse to the .exe but it still will not apply the original icon. not sure if this is the same but i can't find anything about this.

vnvnvn2000, Mar 15, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. lolsonjr

WAW8

The icons, I believe, are assigned through default associations. I've had this problem happen in different ways either when I installed something (which then changed the icons to its own), or when I uninstalled something (which then left the icons as white). The latter indicates that no default launcher is associated with the file.

WAW8, Mar 16, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question