Vista 5365 + Asus P4C800-D Raid-0 :(

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Nsist2No, May 8, 2006.

1. Nsist2No

Nsist2No

ok, so i am going bonkers now.. does vista just not support my MOBO's Raid controller?

I get to the point where vista does not detect a HD to install the location for the OS.. therefore it askes to load any drivers via disk, usbm, cd.. etc.. I load up the OEM cd, nothing found, .. Load up my own driver cd with every driver i can imagine, still nothing found. these are the same drivers i use for XP.. anyhow. zip, zero, nadaaa..

has any else encountered this issue? is there something i am simply missing..

Please chime in..

thank you.

Nsist2No, May 8, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Nsist2No

Greek3278

Hey.

Had the same problem with the same MOBO.

Get yourself the RAID drivers that you used for XP and put them on a floppy. Make sure they are NOT in a sub-folder. If they are, Vista won't find the drivers.

When Vista doesn't see any of your HD, hit "load driver". It'll search the floppy drive and then from the list, choose the RAID driver. You may have to uncheck the uncompatable check box to load that one. That's it.

Good luck.

Greek3278, May 8, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Nsist2No

Nsist2No

lol, well isnt that great. geez vista, you suprise me everytime ;).. i will load all the drivers on the root directory and try agian.. thanks.

Nsist2No, May 8, 2006
  4. Nsist2No

Nsist2No

ok, up an running.. thanks !

Nsist2No, May 9, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question