Vista 5342 - How to login as Admin

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by phanzusa, Apr 28, 2006.

1. phanzusa

phanzusa

I installed my Vista 5342 32 Bit and activated it . I need instructions to login as Admin and how to take control of my pc ? I want to control stuff like DEP(Data Execution Prevention ) .can anyone help .

Thanks

phanzusa, Apr 28, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. phanzusa

Jason

Once you are logged in, go to control panel -> user accounts, and see if your current login is setup as "administrator", if not make a new account which has these privelages.

Jason, Apr 28, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. phanzusa

OMERZEN

i want to log in as "Administrator" account

please what can i do to see it on the welcome screen..

please don't tell me to create new account with admin privilages

or change the current account to admin status...

i am unable to change anything right now, my only account has standart user privilages.

i can only reach "Administrator" account when i try to restart as "safe mode"

is there any registry value for this?

tnx.

in Windows XP, we can do this:

XP doesn't display the Administrator account on the Welcome screen by default. However, you can add this account by performing the following steps:
    1. <LI>Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe). <LI>Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList subkey. <LI>From the Edit menu, select New, DWORD Value. <LI>Enter Administrator as the subkey name, then press Enter. <LI>Double-click the new value, set it to 1, and click OK. <LI>Close the registry editor. </LI>

but this does not work on Vista Beta2 Build 5381 :(

OMERZEN, May 9, 2006
  4. phanzusa

OMERZEN

OMERZEN, May 9, 2006
  5. phanzusa

OMERZEN

GREAT NEWS guys :D

i couldnt even create or delete any account (including guest and standart accounts)

from Administrator @Safe mode

i tried this:
    1. <LI>Logon as the account you created during the installation. <LI>From the Start menu, go to "All Programs", "Accessories" <LI>Right-click on "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as Administrator" <LI>Click "Allow" from the ConsentUI prompt <LI>In the resulting Command window, enter "regedit" and press enter <LI>In regedit, browse to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon <LI>In the Winlogon key, create a new value of type REG_SZ (string) titled AutoAdminLogon and set the value to 1. <LI>Also create a string value titled "DefaultPassword" and set it to the password you want for the Administrator account. <LI>In the value "DefaultDomainName" enter the name of your computer <LI>In the value "DefaultUserName" enter "Administrator" <LI>Close regedit <LI>Back in the command prompt, enter "Net User Administrator password*" (replace password with the password you entered for DefaultPassword). <LI>Log off or reboot. You are now logged on with the local Administrator account. To stop it from auto logging on, remove that "AutoAdminLogon" value or set it to 0.</LI>

but it did not work either.

[​IMG]

so i run computer management and

disable all accounts except `Administrator` which is built-in

then also in control panel == Administrative Tools== Local Security Policy

i changed these options

[​IMG]

then when i resrart i see nothing but `Administrator` account :w00t:

you know build in `Administrator` account has more privilages than any admin account ;):cool:

OMERZEN, May 9, 2006
  6. phanzusa

Jason

Cool, I thought there was an easier way to do it. I think venom had this problem before.

Jason, May 10, 2006
  7. phanzusa

Synapse

This is the easy way to do it:

Disable User Account Protection (UAP)

Once you have installed Vista and set up an every day user account, one of the first things you will notice is that you have almost no rights to do anything administrator related on your system. Disabling this is purely up to you but if you find UAP is getting in your way, or some applications refuse to run because of it, you may want to take a look at this. Here are the instructions:

NOTE: You should be logged in as Administrator to do this, or you could run the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) elevated.

1. Press WinKey (the flag key on your keyboard) + R and type “secpol.msc”. (Without the quotes). If asked to permit Microsoft Management Console to run, allow it.

2. In the Local Security Settings window, in the left hand pane, navigate to “Security Settings, Local Policies, Security Options”.

3. In the pane to the right, scroll all the way to the bottom.

4. Set the first two User Account Protection items to “No Prompt”, and “Disabled” on the remaining three items.

5. Close the Microsoft Management Console (MMC), and if you are asked to save the settings for “Console1”, press “No”.

6. Reboot or log off and log back in to enforce the new settings; or alternatively open an elevated Command Prompt and type “gpupdate /force” (without the quotes), and then press Enter.

Synapse, May 17, 2006
  8. phanzusa

Jason

Yea, I guess it was synapse who had the problem before. My bad, thats the best way to do it tho.

Jason, May 17, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question