Vista 32bit Won't Accept Unsigned Drivers

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by masonk78, Dec 1, 2012.

1. masonk78

masonk78

Hi,
    I'm running Vista Home Basic 32bit SP2 on my Gateway notebook ML3706. I recently purchased a Logitech webcam and when attempting to install the driver, received an error stating, "the driver cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed or not signed in an appropriate manner".

I then purchased a 2nd webcam (thinking the logitech driver may be the issue adter an hour on the phone with their tech support), this one manufactured by Microsoft, and received the same error. I tested both webcams on a desktop, and the drivers installed with no issue, so it's not hardware related.

I thought maybe the issue was related to my video card (the drivers were not digitally signed), ATI Radeon Xpress 200M, so I uninstalled the drivers and attempted to reinstall via Windows Update (which failed) and later by dowloading the drivers from downlad.cnet, however now Windows won't accept the driver giving the same error (screenshot attached).

I attempted to disable digital signatures via the F8 feature at startup, and no luck. I also tried this using "Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON" in CMD, again with no luck. I tried this option in test mode,and no luck.

I've exauhsted all of my options. From what I understand, this should not be an issue with the 32 bit version of Vista and was exclusive to the 64 bit version. Obviously this is not the case with my device.

Also, it should be noted that prior to uninstalling the driver for ATI, I had the most updated version (8.34) which was installed less than a month ago via Windows update.

Any help in resolving this issue as it is clearly related to the unsigned drivers, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

Attached Files:

masonk78, Dec 1, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question