vista 32bit sp1 installation woes

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by bredmond812, Jul 13, 2012.

1. bredmond812

bredmond812

hello everybody. i install sp1 on my HP laptop, and it goes smoothly but when i restart, it doesnt have any trace and it is as if i never installed it. later, when i reinstall it, the installation takes only an instant. but then upon restart, it is as if i never installed it again, and again installation only takes an instant. i tried to download it manually from the microsoft site, and it downloads comletely, but when the download finalizes, it suddenly says that there is insufficient permission. the savce location is downloads, but i try again onto the desktop. anyway, the manual download is not the issue. what i really need is to be able to install sp1 so i can install sp2 so i can install windows live messenger so i can talk to my parents back home.

bredmond812, Jul 13, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. bredmond812

mirzaair

I'm having the same trouble!
    Recently I have retored my desktop to factory settings. Vista and other dirvers are working fine but whenever I wnat to install Vista SP1 it installs and then when I restart my PC and try to intall SP2 it tells me the SP1 is not installed.

So I downloaded SP1 on a separate machine and then copied the file into my desktop. tried installing it and then i get the most bizarre error message: the file is not compatible with Wiindoes Vista!!!
    For info: i downloaded the SP1 from Microsoft site and as my pc is 32bit I downloaded SP1,SP2 for 32bit machine. any suggestion folks?

mirzaair, Oct 10, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. bredmond812

bredmond812

Mine is working now. i cant remember what i did, but things i tried were uninstalling third party programs particularly anti-malware programs and also downloading to a folder.and manually installing. it didnt seem to work that way, and so i tried to fool with the administrator privlidges, or using another folder, but i dont think that was relevant. I cant remember all i actually did, but those are some things you can try.

brandon

bredmond812, Oct 10, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question