Vist, DNS, and Wireless Connections.

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by BrianBrennan, Mar 29, 2007.

1. BrianBrennan

BrianBrennan

At our school none of the users with vista machines canreach the web through the wireless network. All that I have talked to are able to connecto to other networks, such as at home or a fiends house ect.

They are able to reach the web jsut fine if they plug in with a hard line connection. When we look at thier connection they map out to the WAP, the Gateway, but they are not able to map out to the internet. They are able to ping the gateway and they are also albe to ping web sites if they know the IP. They are not able to ping the same web sites that they have the ip for by using the domain name for the site.

So they are not getting domain name resolution on the wireless network. However they get domain name resolution just fine if they use a hard line connection.

If any one has any suggestions they would be welcome.

BrianBrennan, Mar 29, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. BrianBrennan

BrianBrennan

Wow. Either I am asking about this in the wrong place or I have all of you stumped. If I am asking in the wrong place please feel free to direct me toward where I may find some help. I have already posted about this on the Microsoft Forums as well.

BrianBrennan, Apr 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question