VisionTek Radeon x1550 driver Problems...PLEASE help!

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by corruptsystem, Mar 19, 2008.

1. corruptsystem

corruptsystem

I'm really hoping that someone can help me out here, because I've been banging my head against the wall for 2 days now. I have a VisionTek Radeon x1550 AGPx8 video card that boasts that it is Windows Aero capable. However, when I use the issued cd that comes with the video card, my resolution cannot change from 720x480. I've been trying all of the drivers that come standard in Windows Vista and none of them seem to work either. If I fool around with it enough, I can manage to get the resolution I want (1440x900), but then I lose the Aero theme, because the driver that's installed isn't compatible with Aero. Does anyone have the same video card and have the same issues. Or better yet, does someone have a solution to the problem? Thank you so much for all your help in advance.

corruptsystem, Mar 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. corruptsystem

WAW8

I don't know how new the card is, but the fact that it's AGP indicates that it may not have come with Vista drivers. Best to check with the AMD/ATI driver site. You can download Catalyst v8.3 drivers for Vista and install them. Google on Catalyst 8.3 and that will find the site for you. I would uninstall any drivers you have loaded at present before you install the Catalyst drivers.

WAW8, Mar 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question