video card upgrade

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by mega36, Jun 4, 2008.

1. mega36

mega36

i have a AMD Athlon 64 2x 4400, 520watt psu, mobo is a evga 590 sli, a 400gb sata hd and a 80gb sata hd.

my video card is evga 256mb 8500gt. should i go up to a 8800gt or the 8800gts?

pls your input is geatly needed thankyou.

mega36, Jun 4, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. mega36

WAW8

If your video card drives your monitor to the highest resolution you want, with the number of colors you want, and the video "experience" you want (i.e., Aero or not), you don't need a new card.

If you want to use the PC for more video-demanding pursuits like high-res gaming or 1080i (or 1080p) DVD watching, that's a different story.

A good site to check for reviews of high-end video cards, especially in games, is hardocp.com. Before you drop several hundreds of dollars on a card, you might want to see what they say about its performance.

WAW8, Jun 6, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. mega36

invisghost

You should only upgrade your video card if you want to. If your programs that you normally use are saying that you need a new video card, you probably do. If your games are needing to be played at lowest setting and still not getting good quality FPS (frames per second) then yes.

invisghost, Jun 28, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question