Video/Audio plays back at 2X+ speed, with no audio

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by NCMR2, Jan 3, 2010.

1. NCMR2

NCMR2

I have a Gateway notebook running Vista 32bit. I have the following recent downloads: VirtualDJ, then I wanted to be able to capture videos to put on youtube and such, I downloaded CamStudio, then HyperCam2. In trying to record the sound, I downloaded the newest DivX coedec. I found out that my SigmaTel audio card does not have the "Stereo Mix" in the recorders, but instead has "CD Audio". I just recorded the audio using the VirtualDJ software, then merged it with the video captured with HyperCam2 using movie maker. Everything was fine and I uploaded the movies and everything to facebook and youtube. Late last night, any videos played in my web browser (Firefox) there was no audio. I would just close Firefox, reopen it, and the problem would be resolved.

This morning when I woke up, my computer had restarted itself apparently. It was then that I tried to play music in iTunes and WMP with no sound. What made this wierder was that the song was playing crazy fast; like at least twice the normal speed. The same goes for any video played, whether from the computer, or on the internet. I noticed that for whatever reason, my RealTek driver was missing and "CD Audio" was not to be found. I re-downloaded the driver, enabled it, and set it as default, but nothing has changed.

I have poured over the internet and have not found this problem before, or a solution for it.

Please tell me how I can fix this, so I can get back to work.

THANKS!!!

NCMR2, Jan 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. NCMR2

WAW8

Sorry, don't use any of these apps. It appears that some combination of them changed the default audio and video settings. You'll have to experiment with the various settings to see if you can reset them to their defaults. You may have to remove one of more of the apps to determine which one, or combination, is at fault.

WAW8, Jan 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question