VIA Audio Deck problems + no voice

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by kotkas990, Oct 14, 2009.

1. kotkas990

kotkas990

Hi... I recently switched my motherboard to Asus P5Q SE PLUS. This was also my first chance to hook up all of my logitech X-530 speakers. Music works fine, through all speakers when 'speaker fill' is enabled. In the past few hours i discovered another problem... I'm now unable to change any settings on VIA audio deck. It may show that speaker fill is switched off but it really is still working. And any other settings i try to make there, don't work. Like changing from 6 speaker configuration to 2 or changing from 16-b audio to 24-b. I can't make these changes anywhere anymore!

When i play a movie (With VLC player) on my pc, i can hear all the background sounds+music but no voice. I changed from 5.1 to 2 front+2rear, the sound comes out from all speakers + subwoofer and i could hear the voice. Some movies, in the other hand, work nicely and i don't have to change any settings.

The bigger problem is following: I play a lot of games... The first one I installed after switching the MOBO, was Operatin Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. I can hear ALL sounds from ALL speakers EXCEPT the voices. I can see subtitles though... Before switching my MOBO, i also had the game, ALL sounds worked perfectly, including voice. Same with movies. One difference is: My old mobo only supported 2.1

Right now, i closed the VIA audio deck to open it again to solve a problem...I could see no options there. Most of the stuff was completely black. Now i'm unable to re-open the audio deck from control panel. I double click it, Nothing happens.

Please help me find a solution to this!

Edit: It looks like i have lost ALL control over the sound stuff. Any modification i do, even from the playback/recording tab that all PCs have. Totally out of control! Only the volume seems to be working :O

It was fine at first, Everything used to work when i first installed the OS.

This is what the Audio Deck now looks like. Even system restore won't fix it anymore. Nor will Uninstalling/reinstalling/updating the driver. [​IMG] So... Right now, im with NO sound. HELP!!! Now, in the very bottom right corner, the speaker icon has an X next to it and i can't do anything about it.

kotkas990, Oct 14, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question