VB Script

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by cled, Sep 14, 2012.

1. cled

cled

Heres where it started
    installing Telstra 4G and getting could not access VBScript run time for custom action,
    after hours of searching and trying microsoft fixes and command prompts to register the VBScript which it said it did, and the vb.dll is in the system 32 folder and the wscript exe is in the same folder and I saved a notepad file as a .vbs file and when I try to open it I get can't find script engine "VBScript" for script although I have opened the properties box and directed it to be opened with the wscript exe in the system 32 folder,
    nothing seems to work,
    I have turned off the windows firewall turned off Avast and added the .vbs extension as an exception in avast, and I have ran the file checker in command prompt, everything done as administrator,
    im guessing the wscript exe is corrupted why can't I just download another and replace it,
    this is all happening on a HP Compaq Presario A900 notebook 2gb ram 32 bit system vista home premium,
    everything else works fine and i can install and uninstall other programs surely I don't have to reformat the computer because of this when I can see the exe and dll and know they are the problem....please help .....

cled, Sep 14, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. cled

ClarkTNTien

You got me... I do not know about this one!

ClarkTNTien, Sep 14, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question