Using older ps/2 keyboard and mouse?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by psongman, May 21, 2014.

1. psongman

psongman

Hi, first time poster. I want to go back to using my older keyboard and mouse, you know the ones that go into the green and purple openings on the back of my Vista 32 computer. A whole bunch of us tried every possible scenario, such as, deleting the HID USB ones I am using now, etc, of course, you have to use them to attempt all the assistance that has been offered.

Anyway, nothing works, the 'puter will not recognize the older keyboard and mouse. I used them on my vista computer in the cellar, so I know they are functional. It seems that noone can get them working, even a few techies, I know. So please help me with this issue as I want to use less usb ports if possible and TBH, still like the older wired ones. Thanks for listening, hope you can assist me, psongman

psongman, May 21, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. psongman

psongman

I think you have to turn off legacy stuff in bios. Why does everyone on every forum, who is privy to this, not reply. This is another one of those simple computer thingies that gets misrepresented, esp, the ole hardware, software dilemma. psongman

psongman, May 23, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question