User profile cannot be loaded... Help!

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by facin8, Aug 22, 2008.

1. facin8

facin8

Hey all,

This is my first post in the computer world so bare with me! I am writing this on behalf of my dad. He has vista and as of today, he cannot log onto his computer. It is the right password, but message of " The user profile service failed to logon. User profile cannot be loaded".

I have tried to do some research on this and it appears may be a corrupted user profile? I have looked at ways to fix, but the ways only advise on WHEN you are in windows. Thats the point; im stuck at the logon screen.

Can someone kindly advise of how to go through the backdoor and repair this problem? I tried safe mode and also need password.

Chris

facin8, Aug 22, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. facin8

WAW8

In order to fix the profile files, you have to be able to login. Do you have a separate login you can use?

If not, you can create a new login from the command line if you have a Vista DVD that you can use to boot to the command line, or if the PC provides an option at boot to allow you to boot into a command line.

WAW8, Aug 22, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question