USB sound

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by alyboy, Aug 7, 2011.

1. alyboy

alyboy

Endeavoring to establish a connection between my Vista PC and a Bose Sound Link (WIFI music streaming system) and for this a wifi aerial is plugged into the PC USB port. The result is no sound!!! It is understood that such a USB device will take preference over the connected external speakers. Checking the device connection via the Device Manager > Sound, Video and Game Controllers indicates the USB device to be connected and working correctly.
    Members help with this would be greatly appreciated. Is it possible that the sound card is not set to default and if possible how can this be done?
    ​Many thanks.

alyboy, Aug 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. alyboy

WAW8

Sorry ... can't afford $600 worth of audio equipment ...

Since they have both email and telephone support, have you tried both? Given the cost, I would think they would be willing to help you get it working.

WAW8, Aug 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. alyboy

alyboy

Only $600! I shou;d have bought it from the States then. Yes I have referred the matter to them but I thought that you guys would be more knowledgeable. They are looking at it, meanwhile and through shear perseverence I have just solved the problem as follows:
    insert USB device > navigate to device via Device Manager as my above > RClk on device > uninstall > remove device > restart.> PC > replace usb device and voila!!!
    Many thanks for your interest. It's nice to have taken part in the Forum

alyboy, Aug 9, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question