Upload speed woeful (0.3mb/s) download 95mb/s

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by mgnc, Jan 10, 2015.

1. mgnc

mgnc

Hello all and sundry in the Vista community.

I have had a complete slow down on upload speed, commencing yesterday. This has however occurred once before a couple of years ago on the same computer (and same software). No real fix was done just ran it on wireless. With the new modem installed about 9 months ago it has been running fine on cable until yesterday. At the earlier time and now I have found nothing on the net about a fix other than every software nut wanting to get me to download this programme and that.. It can't be that difficult an issue for an astute vista person to solve surely?? Can any one help please?

Details below:

1. Wired into modem (ethernet cable) download speed +95Mb/s but upload speed 0.3 Mb/s started yesterday. Normal upload was 35Mb/s

2. Wireless into modem download speed +88Mb/s but upload speed +30 Mb/s

3. Computer details with issue are: Vista home premium edition on boot camp (yes Apple computer)
    Running AVG - turned it off but no difference still ok on wireless and poor on cable (regarding upload speeds)

4. Other computers I have a couple of macs running parallels including an old laptop that still has an ethernet cable connection (running XP Pro) and it has no issue - Also running AVG (windows side) and Avast (mac side) typical on all my machines

It seems little doubt about it that Vista is the issue here (or have i got the wrong end of the stick?).

thanks in advance MGNC:

mgnc, Jan 10, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question