Upgrading from XP Pro to Vista Ultimate - clean or in-place install??

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by dustinfrank, Feb 27, 2008.

1. dustinfrank

dustinfrank

Looking for opinions, pro/con info here please.

The university where my wife is taking her grad-school classes has various Windows products available at student rates... So i just ordered the Ultimate upgrade for $92! No brainer right?

My question is simply whether you think i should do a in-place installation which is allowed when upgrading from XP Pro to Ultimate or go with the clean installation?

Thanks!

dustinfrank, Feb 27, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. dustinfrank

Jason

Well, you "could" do an upgrade but that is not the best way to get the best from Vista. I personally would suggest doing the "Upgrade Trick" mentioned here: https://www.vistaforums.com/Forum/Forum41-1.aspx?Update=1

This will allow you to do a clean install from your upgrade disc, something usually not allowed. Since MS would rather have you purchase the full version to do a clean install. Technically you are still upgrading just not the way MS intended.

Jason, Feb 27, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question