Upgrading from Business to Ultimate -- Question regarding upgrade DVD

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by bigmadpie, Aug 21, 2008.

1. bigmadpie

bigmadpie

Ok.

My question is this... I have Vista Business without SP1.

I want to upgrade using windows anytime upgrade to Ultimate. (they send upgrade dvd)

My question is... am i going to have to install Vista Business, then SP1, then use the upgrade DVD (for clean/new install)?

Ideally, I'd like to put the upgrade DVD in, then install to a clean drive and just have to enter my old Business serial... instead of the above method.

Anyone familiar with this process please feel free to respond. Please don't respond if you "think" you know. I am looking for a response from someone that has actually done the upgrade. Thanks,

jack

bigmadpie, Aug 21, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. bigmadpie

WAW8

I've seen reports of folks doing a clean-install using an upgrade DVD if they did the following:

1) Install using the upgrade DVD but don't enter a product code

2) reboot

3) Do an in-place upgrade using the same DVD, but this time, enter the product code

4) ta-da!! Instant upgrade.

Sorry for the "thinking" answer, but no-one else seems to be interested in responding.

WAW8, Aug 22, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question