Upgrade or full copy

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by ATCStephen, Jun 17, 2007.

1. ATCStephen

ATCStephen

I bought Vista and installed it on my desktop. I mistakenly thoughtI could also install it on my laptop. I was able to install it on the laptop as well but just recently it advised that the copy was not genuine. WhenI called MicrosoftI learned then that it could only be installed on one computer and that I should buy another. My question is do I need to buy the full version or will the upgrade suffice? Thanks in advance.

Stephen

ATCStephen, Jun 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. ATCStephen

cyclic

The upgrade disk is always sufficient even for a clean install, search the forums for a blow by blow account of how to do a clean install from an upgrade disk, it's tedious but worth it and perfectly legitimate.

cyclic, Jun 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. ATCStephen

Pragmatix

Pragmatix, Jun 17, 2007
  4. ATCStephen

Mattyspurs

I wasnt going to get Vista until service pack 1 was released but having looked around other websites/forums i heard about the 'upgrade clean installation'.

I bought a copy of Vista Home Premium Educational pack from Ebuyer for £43.

Followed the instructions and have now got a clean install of Vista Home Premium all for the price of £43 + 1hr or so time doing it.

So its upto you but it does work.

Mattyspurs, Jun 18, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question