upgrade install problems

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by bcmagnus, Mar 16, 2009.

1. bcmagnus

bcmagnus

I purchased vista ultimate upgrade from digital river along with office ultimate. File downloaded is X14-63452 for vista ultimate it will not install i get an error about VistaSetupPrep.exe, boot.wim, install.wim and an error code 0x80070002. Ive tried to delete and download several times with no success. Office ultimate downloaded and installed perfect. Digital River does not respond. Help please newbie here

bcmagnus, Mar 16, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. bcmagnus

WAW8

WAW8, Mar 17, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. bcmagnus

keikiki

This topic is old, but I am having a similar problem with X14-63452. I got my Vista Ultimate upgrade from Digital River as well via the Ultimate Steal [as I am a college student]. I go & do the right thing by purchasing the software instead of torrenting it or whatever & then the company's server won't even allow me to get all of the files I need to even be able to try to install the upgrade to see if the key I purchased even works. Maybe that's what bcmagnus' original problem was. He/she might not have downloaded the other files: install.wim + boot.wim.

I read some place that the error message can be gotten when you don't have all of the files for the upgrade or don't have them all in the same folder [something like that].

Good job for exposing Digital River.... The company only has 1 link on the page under Order Lookup, if you somehow leave the confirmation page you get, immediately after you order & don't get all of the links the 1st time. ~sigh~ ...so much for that! Well, I'll see if Digital River responds to my email. :angry: There are no refunds on the software to boot....

keikiki, Jun 21, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question