Updating Vista

Discussion in 'Main Lounge' started by lorenkjr, Jul 27, 2007.

1. lorenkjr

lorenkjr

When I get the Taskbar message that Vista has updates waiting for me to install, I tell it to go ahead. But, I always get the error message every time 643 and nothing else so I have no idea of how to make the Vista Updates work. Any suggestions. Thank you!

lorenkjr, Jul 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. lorenkjr

kingofnexus

What is the error message?

kingofnexus, Jul 28, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. lorenkjr

lorenkjr

The number 634 and that is all. No other explanations of any kind. But, it does not detere me as I still think Vista is the best thing MS has come up with yet!!!!!

lorenkjr, Jul 28, 2007
  4. lorenkjr

lorenkjr

Actually I have now found out what it is that it is trying to download (Net Framework 1.1),which I am guessing that Vista is saying that it can't work with Vista so I will not download. Is this correct?

lorenkjr, Jul 28, 2007
  5. lorenkjr

AmericanNightmare

1.1works in Vista.

Do you happen to know whichbuild of Vista you are running this is a common issue with build 5456 and there is a workaround for it but it will not work with the newer builds or the commercial build 6000. So if you know what build you have i can walk you through the workaround.

It is also possiblr tha for some reason you don't have Net Framework 1.0 installed on your computer or you do but with out service pack 3. There is also a work around for this but again we need to know b/c the 2 fixes are different.

AmericanNightmare, Jul 28, 2007
  6. lorenkjr

lorenkjr

Build 6./6000 build 6000 I believe is what I just read.

lorenkjr, Jul 29, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question