Uno (Game) ... Xbox 360 VS Windows Live Messenger!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Quiksilver, May 11, 2007.

1. Quiksilver

Quiksilver

Hi Guys, Now that us Vista users can chat to our Xbox 360 fellow mates via Messenger, I noticed they both have the game Uno. Any idea when we will be able to play each other online?

Cheers

Kev

Quiksilver, May 11, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Quiksilver

VistaRocks

Well i dont see an official release date but here ya go, check this out.

VistaRocks, May 11, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Quiksilver

Quiksilver

Dammit!

Corprate Firewall here @ work wont let me see!

:)

Will check later (unless someone wants to tell me what it says!)

Cheers VR

Kev

Quiksilver, May 11, 2007
  4. Quiksilver

VistaRocks

I think this is pretty much it.

With the announcement of Games for Windows – LIVE, Microsoft is extending the Xbox LIVE® games and entertainment network to Windows®. This new service brings together the most popular online console game service with the most popular games platform in the world. As a unified service with Xbox LIVE, Games for Windows – LIVE will be available in every country and region supported today by Xbox LIVE®.

What does this mean to you? Imagine a world where a single online identity, a single Gamertag and a single friends list allows you to easily find your friends online and communicate with them across Windows computers and Xbox 360 consoles. Imagine a single list of achievements and Gamerscore that allows you to track and compare your gaming accomplishments. Imagine the ability to play online with your friends, even cross-platform between your Windows based PC and Xbox 360 in supported games, without the need to configure anything. Sounds too good to be true? It’s real and it’s coming soon!

When will it be available and what games can I play?

Debuting in May with the launch of Halo 2® for Windows Vista™, Games for Windows – LIVE will connect Windows gamers via text and voice-chat to over six million gamers already in the Xbox LIVE community. Then in June, Shadowrun™ will for the first time, connect Windows gamers with Xbox 360 players in cross-platform matches using a single service. UNO, releasing later in 2007 will also support cross platform play between Windows and Xbox 360.

I’m already a member of Xbox LIVE® what does this mean for me?

Members of Xbox LIVE® automatically receive the functionality of Games for Windows – LIVE, using the same Gamertag and friends list at no additional cost, yes… no additional cost. For a single, unified service, the pricing of the LIVE service across both Xbox and Games for Windows is identical. In addition, Games for Windows – LIVE introduces the best of Xbox LIVE functionality to please PC gamers, such as in-game voice chat, integrated achievements and dedicated servers. The offering of both Silver and Gold memberships will remain in place for gamers on the Xbox 360 and Windows PC. There is no cost associated with signing up for a Silver membership. Gold memberships will deliver the premium online network experience for $49.95 (U.S.) per year. Current Xbox LIVE Gold members will automatically have access to Gold features on Games for Windows – LIVE titles. How sweet is that!

The Skinny, if you didn’t pay attention above.

• Games for Windows – LIVE is coming to Windows and connects to Xbox LIVE®

• PC to PC multiplayer including the ability to browse a list of active PC games for free

• Experience cross-platform gameplay with Shadowrun in June

• Get your first crack at Games for Windows -- LIVE with Halo 2® for Windows Vista™ on May 22

• 1 gamertag, 1 friends list, 1 list of achievements for your Windows PC & Xbox 360

• Easily find and play supported cross-platform titles online with your friends across both your Windows PC & Xbox 360

• Games for Windows – LIVE will be available in every country and region supported today by Xbox LIVE®

• There are 2 levels of membership, Silver (free) & Gold ($49.95 U.S.)

Membership Levels

Silver Membership Features Gold Membership Features*

Cost = Free Cost = $49.95 U.S. /year unless you’re a current Xbox Live Gold member which gives you automatic access to Gold features on Games for Windows – LIVE titles

Single Gamertag All Silver membership features

Common gamer profile Multiplayer matchmaking with friends

Common gamerscore TrueSkill™ matchmaking

Single player achievements Multiplayer achievements

Private chat via text and voice Cross-platform gameplay

Common friends list and online presence

PC only multiplayer including browsing a list of active PC games

VistaRocks, May 11, 2007
  5. Quiksilver

Quiksilver

Thanks for that mate!

Thats the bit im looking for!