Unknown issue with vista

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by cheynems, Sep 7, 2007.

1. cheynems

cheynems

Hello everyone,

I'll start by posting the computer specs

Processor: Intel Celeron D 3.33 GHz

Memory: 885 Mb

Video Card: GeForce FX 5200 with onboard ATI Radeon

Ok, now for the issue. When restarting the computer, no signal is sent to monitor and it will not turn on. It immediately goes from having a green light to an orange light. The only solution I have found to this problem is to leave the computer off with the power supply unplugged for a few hours. Does anyone know the problem and/or a permenant solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Cheyne

cheynems, Sep 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. cheynems

AmericanNightmare

Could be several things.
    1. <LI>Bad CMOS battery</LI><LI>Bad power supply</LI><LI>Bad RAM</LI><LI>Incorrect settings in BIOS</LI><LI>Bad CPU</LI>

I think the most likely is incorrect BIOS settings somwhere. Go into the BIOS and set everything to default.

This list could go on for quite awhile...Have you attempted any overclocking or messed with the BIOS recently?

Try clearing the CMOS as wellif you don't know how get back to us and someone will walk you through it.

AmericanNightmare, Sep 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. cheynems

blackhat

it could also be a broken monitor (or cable)

hook your computer up a different monitor

if that doesn't work you should reset the bios

since you don't have a monitor the only way to do this is leaving the cmos-battery out for 10-15 minutes

blackhat, Sep 8, 2007
  4. cheynems

cyclic

Resetting the BIOS will usually turn the onboard graphics on by default, unless your board works by auto detecting an AGP card in it's slot to disable the onboard, you will need to change the onboard graphics setting to disable it and initialize the AGP slot as the primary graphics, also make sure the card is fully seated, evena slight unseating can cause it to not respond.

cyclic, Sep 8, 2007
  5. cheynems

kingofnexus

Lots of problems as mentioned before can cause it. I think its a GPU or PSU problem. Also try hooking your computer up to a different monitor, or through VGA rather than DVI (or vice versa).

kingofnexus, Sep 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question