Unknown Device

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi everyone I am having a little problem with device manager, I have vista 32bit build 5270 with an nforce2 motherboard. The problem is there is a unknown device PCI showing in device manager, I can't seem to find out what its for I've installed all the drivers I can think of that i need, so if anyone can help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Guest, Feb 23, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Guest

Jason

Have you tried right clicking on it and going to proprities? What port is it on? The question mark, or what section is it under.

Jason, Mar 1, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Guest

vistauser

Its under other devices in device manager, all the information i can find out in the properties dialog, is that it is an unknown device on the pci bus andon the details tab the hardware Ids are:

ACPI\PNPB02F

*PNPB02F

Thanks

vistauser, Mar 11, 2006
  4. Guest

Jason

Is it possible to narrow down what devices arnt working on your computer? Like lan/graphics card drivers/wirless/keypad?

Jason, Mar 11, 2006
  5. Guest

vistauser

Maybe I've installed these drivers.

Asus A7N8X-X Motherboard - Onboard sound works withXP driverbut the icon in the system tray for the configuration application nor the application work. Onboard LAN would not work with the nvidia nforce2LAN Vista beta driver nor theXP driver, so I have disable it in the bios.

ATI Radeon 9550 AGP 8x - Using the default driverwith Vista "RADEON 9550 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)" driver. Seems to all work fine including aero glass etc.

802.11g Wireless PCI card - Again seems to work ok.

Any ideas?

vistauser, Mar 12, 2006
  6. Guest

vistauser

Also forgot to mention the vista sound driveron nvidia's websitewill not work.

vistauser, Mar 12, 2006
  7. Guest

vistauser

Anybody got any idea's? :hehe:

vistauser, Mar 16, 2006
  8. Guest

Jason

My Guess is its the Lan hardware which is putting up that question mark, even tho you turned if off in the bios. It seems like that is what it causing it since its the only thing not working. I duno, its really hard to tell w/out being at the computer. Either way does it really matter if you know what is causing it as long as everything works?

Jason, Mar 16, 2006
  9. Guest

vistauser

Ok thanks, but I don't think it could be the LAN, whenI enable it in the bios it appears in device manager as well as the unknown device. Do you think it could be a secondary driver for my ati 9550 agp for dual monitor support?

vistauser, Mar 16, 2006
  10. Guest

vistauser

Hi should I have a MCP driver in device manager under sound and game controllers because I'm almost sure in XP I use to have one, at the moment I only have drivers for nvidia nforce audio codec interface and nvidia nforce midi uart. Also should I be able to set levels for sound card inputs like you can in XP?

vistauser, Mar 16, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question