Unidentified Publisher

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by staytopnotch, Mar 17, 2007.

1. staytopnotch

staytopnotch

I have a E-MU Audio Interface that pretty much handles all of my audio needs. The problem is every single time I turn on the computer and would like anything to do with sound, I must click on the E-MU Patchmix DSP application icon. Once I've clicked on that, the little User Account Control pop up comes up indicating a unidentified program wants access to your computer would you like to allow or cancel and so on. Once I hit allow thats when I have sound and I have to do this every single time and I don't want to have to go the route of toggling the User Account Control to off. I know that it would be a quick fix but I like the added security of having that User Account Control. Please help me there's got to be a better way. Thanks

staytopnotch, Mar 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. staytopnotch

WAW8

Many of us are frustrated with UAC. It's obvious that MS didn't really think this one through very much.

There's only a few options:

1) Turn off UAC. That will generally stop the prompting -- but you get Security Center nagging you constantly about it.

2) Mess around with security settings without entirely disabling UAC. See the following for some things you can try:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...r-account-controluac-for-administrators-only/

3) Convince the app supplier to rewrite their software so it doesn't need "elevated rights" in order to run.

Until MS reworks UAC so we can set some parameters that stick, we're pretty much stuck.

WAW8, Mar 18, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question