Unable to upgrade to Vista BSOD's and lock-ups...

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by Saul, May 25, 2007.

1. Saul

Saul

Any help would be GREAT!

I'm tryin to upgrade from Windows XP Media Center 2005 SP2 w/ all updates to Windows Vista Home Premium (x32 Upgrade only DVD)

I have ran Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor and it found no problems

I ran the Windows Upgrade DVD from my XP desktop, updated the installer, ran the combatiblitiy check (only had a prob w/ MSN Messenger 5.0) then the install started and ran w/out a hich untill the final reboot to run Windows for the first time and that is were my trouble starts, first try I saw the mouse pointer then the screen locked-up w/ a red stripe on top, black screen w/ white mouse pointer frozen, next try after reboot, BSOD (something about cashing/shadowing... ati.. somethin) then I restart, it does a rollback... any help would be great thank you.

My system:

ECS KA3 MVP (REV:1.0A)Updated the Audio/NIC drivers per ECS)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+EE

OCZ Gold XTC PC2-6400 1GB 2x512 Dual channel kit

1x Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 320GB SATA 2 16MB

1x ATI Radeon X1900XTX 512MB PCI-E (using CCC 7.4)

Fortron FSP Epsilon 700W PS

BenQ FP202W 20in Wide LCD 600:1 8ms

Samsung SH-S182 DVD+-RW DL Lightscribe

Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 3.0 (using the PS2 NOT USB, heard usb can cause install problems)

Saul, May 25, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Saul

Jason

I would boot into your Xp media center install and get the latest video drivers. Also check and install any BIOS updates for you motherboard. Then try upgrading again...

Jason, May 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question