Unable to print to printer shared on XP

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Vista88, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Vista88

Vista88

Purchased a new HP 6636nr laptop running Vista Home Premium. When I initially set this up on my wireless network I was able to see and connect to an HP All-in-One that I have shared through a PC running XP SP2 with all updates installed. I believe that my problems MAY have started when I installed Trend's PC-Cillin. But when I disable anti-virus I am still unable to connect. I continously get an error that the "spooler service on the server is not started. restart or reboot the server". I have done this many times with no luck. I can no longer see the XP machine onVista either. Connecting to internet wirelessly is fantastic. I have tried unsharing and resharing the printer. Making sure the laptop is in the correct Workgroup. This XP system is rock solid and kept clean and up to date weekly. ANY ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Vista88, Jan 21, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question