Unable to Login to Secure Websites

Discussion in 'Security' started by spwc, Jan 12, 2012.

1. spwc

spwc

I am unable to login to some secure websites. My username and password are correct and I am able to successfully log on, using other computers (other computers operating systems are Windows 7 and Windows XP). Just recently, Nov 2011, I signed into a website successfully and renewed my subscription. In January 2012, went back to the website and it redirects me back to the login page. Right before it redirected me back to the login page, I got a blank page. The only recent change on my computer was the upgrade to IE9. I don't believe that's the problem, because I've also experience the same problem with other websites (ex. att.com) before the upgrade. Could Adobe flash player pose a problem as well (2 of the sites are educational websites)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Use:
    Acer Aspire laptop
    Norton Internet Security

spwc, Jan 12, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. spwc

WAW8

I've upgraded several PCs to IE9 and never encountered such a problem.

Redirection and site blockage is a typical symptom of rootkit infection.

To rule that out, go to the Kaspersky website, download and install the TDSSKiller app, and run that. If you have any rootkits, it will find and remove them.

WAW8, Jan 13, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. spwc

spwc

Thank you for your input WAW8.

I did download and installed the TDSSKiller app that you suggested. It did find 5 threats, but it did not resolve the issue that I have. I even restarted my computer just to make sure.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
    spwc, Jan 14, 2012
  4. spwc

WAW8

Since you had rootkits, then it's likely you have other malware as well. Kasperky also allows the download of a free AV tool you burn to CD. You can find similar downloads at Avira. You can also download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Super Anti Spyware. You may have to end up using them all to get your PC clean.

WAW8, Jan 14, 2012
  5. spwc

spwc

Actually, the threats indicated were true drivers on my computer. Luckily, I only copied to quarantine and not deleted them. There was no restore button on the TDSSKiller and had read on another forum where other users deleted files thought to be a threat and rendered their computer unusable.

I have four sites that give me problems when logging into my secure accounts.

Site #1 - Seems to have a problem associated with Adobe Flash Player. I've reinstalled the flash player and able to get on the website. The problem is seen when I get out and open up my browser again; it does not allow me back into the website. I reinstall the Flash player just to get in. Never had to do that before. I've installed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.

Sites #2, #3, #4 - I'm redirected to login after getting a blank page.

spwc, Jan 18, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question