Unable to find out so I am curious

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by lolsonjr, Feb 12, 2008.

1. lolsonjr

lolsonjr

Nothing special but, it's a lot better than what I have now. What I would to know is if anyone knows what bit version of Windows Vista Home Premium the HP A6300F ships with, whether it's the 32 or 64 bit?????? Also, I would like to know if it supports Windows DVD Maker? Lastly, does it's dvd drive support all types of dvd burning or do I need other software also? Thank you in advance.

lolsonjr, Feb 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. lolsonjr

MafiaLord91

Since it is Home Premium it is 32 bit (Windows Vista Ultimate is the only version of Vista to come with 64 bit).

MafiaLord91, Feb 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. lolsonjr

lolsonjr

Well thats ok I guess, there is an upgrade path right?????

lolsonjr, Feb 12, 2008
  4. lolsonjr

MafiaLord91

Like Home Premium to Ultimate 32 bit? You can't upgrade to 64 bit.

MafiaLord91, Feb 12, 2008
  5. lolsonjr

WAW8

Actually, a local store claims to have OEM versions of Home (Basic and Premium)m Business, and Ultimate in 64-bit, and I've actually seen a local copy of 64-bit business.

Another local retailer (one I actually use) sells Home Premium, Business, and Ultimate in both 32-bit and 64-bit.

WAW8, Feb 13, 2008
  6. lolsonjr

lolsonjr

Thanks waw8,

I thought I had heard something about this. Now the question is how to pursue getting it?????? A dumb question would in what neck of the woods are you, and can I maybe get a phone number or something to the store where you saw this??????? While I am at it, (mind you I am not totally literate on Windows but, close) the 64 bit is how much faster than the 32 bit???????? And let's say in terms of running Photoshop???? Also, how does it work when all you have is a 32 bit version of something you want to run???????? Thanks in advance.

lolsonjr, Feb 13, 2008
  7. lolsonjr

WAW8

The store that I frequent is MicroCenter. They have branches all over the country (US) and have an online site as well. If there's no retail outlet near you, just order it online. They even allow you to order online and pickup at the local store -- saves shipping costs.

WAW8, Feb 14, 2008
  8. lolsonjr

lolsonjr

Thanks, that will do it. I live nearby one over in I believe Fairfax, Va. So I will take a run over and see what I can find out.

lolsonjr, Feb 14, 2008
  9. lolsonjr

WAW8

OK - just so you know, I'll be moving this post to the Technical Support forum. Wanted to leave it here until the thread was finished.

WAW8, Feb 15, 2008
  10. lolsonjr

irondale

The standardhp a6300f is only 32 bit with vista home premium. If you change the OS you MAY lose allHP support. I know because I just bought one 2 weeks ago.

The unit come with intel E2180 proc. EM64T compatible but the bios and chipset may NOT be, am still checking it out. Did an upgrade to vista Ultimate but it would only take 32 not 64 bit.

I would like to keep in touch with anyone who owns a HPa6330f you can email me.

irondale, Feb 17, 2008
  11. lolsonjr

lolsonjr

Be glad to do that. So it it did not like 64bit Ultimate. Humm, I wonder if I should now forget that idea. It's plenty fast enough though since I heard it was 64bit capable, I thought that would also be nice. Next up though for me is a full boat of memory.

lolsonjr, Feb 17, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question