Unable to connect to internet in different location/country

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by collin, Jan 30, 2008.

1. collin

collin

As I travel quite a bit, I do face a problem with internet connectivity with wire/wireless connection in different country. When I look at the Network and sharing centre, it shows " unidentified network" Access: local only. and it will result have a "cross tick"on the path "unidenfied network' to the path of internet. I try do a "repair and diagnose" but to no avail.

How to overcome this problem withvista as the network is difinite the right network especially when I am using wired network. Please advice, if possible in steps as I am not very good in computer. thanks

Collin

collin, Jan 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. collin

WAW8

Check to see if you have any Norton (Symantec) products installed. If so, follow the instructions in the "pinned" post to install them and see if that fixes your problem.

Also, check the pinned post about sharing/networking. You need to confirm that your network is set to "Private" not "Public"

WAW8, Feb 4, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question