Unable to Boot PC with Vista (DUAL OS)

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by clementedwin, Jul 21, 2007.

1. clementedwin

clementedwin

Hello Techies

I had recently bought a laptop Acer Aspire 9410Z with Windows Vista Premium Home Edition.

I wanted to install windows 2003 server alongsideVistaand i did manage to install it.

I have enabled DUAL boot settings so that I could choose between Vista and 2003.

But what happens invariably is that every time I boot the system it boots automatically

with Windows 2003 and I don't see any option that could let me choose between Vista and 2003.

It used to work like magic when i had XP Pro & Windows 2003 set up for dual boot.

Now the question ishow do iboot the PC with Vista?

Any form of help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Clement

clementedwin, Jul 21, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. clementedwin

cyclic

Can you say what you mean by 'enabled dual booting'?

If a system is able to co-exist with another it will normally pick up the details of the other's boot files and create a boot menu automatically. I have no experience of server 2003 (on a laptop!) but can only suggest downloading BCD or Vista boot pro which should allow you to reconfigure the booting arrangement to dual boot.

Basically what is needed is for both sets of boot file to be on the same partition normally in the first primary partition, which clearly didn't happen with your installation.

cyclic, Jul 21, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. clementedwin

kingofnexus

Startup repair from the vista disk would be a good option but as it was preinstalled I doubt you have it.

Strongly recommend cyclics suggetstion of Vista boot pro.

kingofnexus, Jul 24, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question