UNABLE TO ACTIVATE TRIAL VERSION OF OFFICE 2007

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by kraze, Mar 11, 2007.

1. kraze

kraze

I bought my laptop with vista premium and office 2007 trial on it. I haven't been able to activate the trial or find the COA for it. Any ideas. The version is less than 30 days.

kraze, Mar 11, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. kraze

Jason

What does it say when you activate? Do you have a serial? If you don't look through the stuff that came with your pc, it will probably be in there somewhere.

Jason, Mar 11, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. kraze

kraze

I looked through all the stuff that came with the puter...no COA...but that doesn't mean it didn't get thrown away accidently....Office trial was installed with the vista premium when I bought the puter. When I attempt to use the activation assistant I have no luck. No key is returned and the one on the bottom of the computer must be for Vista only cuz it is rejected each time I try it....

kraze, Mar 11, 2007
  4. kraze

Jason

Well thats your problem, office trial was installed, which means you don't own it and you cannot activate it without a key, or in other words buying it. When the trial expires something will come up asking you to enter a key or purchase. It is very rare that a computer would come w/ a full version of office, usually its a scalled down version or trial like you have. You need to buy office.

Jason, Mar 11, 2007
  5. kraze

Brian.Jackson

Hey,

Before the Vista launch, trial keys to temporarily activate the pre-installed office software were infact shipped with the PC from certain vendors such as HP and Toshiba. Since the Vista launch unfortunately the keys no longer come with the computer.But you can still uninstall your copy and download the free trial right from microsoft.com.

Brian
    Geeksquad COA

Brian.Jackson, Mar 19, 2007
  6. kraze

WAW8

Your PC vendor was supposed to paste the product key for the trial version on the computer case or on documentation that came with it. I've been using Office 2007 trials and every one comes with a unique product key that is used to activate the trial.

Brian had the best suggestion -- uninstall the trial version you have, download a new trial for MS (you'll get screen containing the product key for the trial), and activate that. You'll get 60 days of usage with the download.

WAW8, Mar 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question