Ultimate gaming tweak

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by Lewa Nua, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Lewa Nua

Lewa Nua

Ca anyone tell me detailed instruction on how to turn vista buissness x64 into xp sp2 (you know without the ram eatage and the bloatware) but with aero and dx10:D I know it can be done but I dont know how myself. ( I dont care about services and stuff I use linux but i have windows for the games)

Lewa Nua, Dec 6, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Lewa Nua

cyclic

Sure it's easy delete Vista and install XP, it's that simple.

cyclic, Dec 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Lewa Nua

kingofnexus

lol @ cyclic! Couldn't have put it better myself!

There is very little more ram eatage in vista than XP. If a game requires more ram thanappears available vista instantaneously will reduce the ram it uses and give it to the program. I think i'll have to make a sitcky at some point outlining the fact that vista doesn't use that much more ram than its xp predecessor.

kingofnexus, Dec 7, 2007
  4. Lewa Nua

Walker

You should make post with a neon sign and make sure everyone reads it before they start posting after that it's FREE HUGS time :w00t::blink:

Walker, Dec 10, 2007
  5. Lewa Nua

PC509

For a gaming machine, just turn off all background programs and services that you don't use. Vista uses the RAM a lot more efficiently than with XP. It actually USES the RAM, rather than just let it sit there. DirectX10 and Aero are Vista only (although you can get Aero effects with XP, but you'd lose any performance increase of XP vs. Vista).

You want DX10 and Aero: You need Vista.

PC509, Dec 11, 2007
  6. Lewa Nua

A-mak

Are you talking about with or without Superfetch?

Superfetch is designed to "pre-load" most used programs into ram for quick access.. Meaning.. It can use ALOT more ram for this alone.

You can always turn it off.. they you pretty much have XP with a new GUI+search which is still slower.

A-mak, Dec 17, 2007
  7. Lewa Nua

Walker

How is it anywhere near the same to XP. There are lots of small improvements which help a lot with the user-friendlyness of the OS. Search intergrated into explorer and start menu. Preview panes, and lots of other small improvements. So no it's nowhere near the same as XP. If you're really that FPS crazed that max 10 fps is such a big loss to you then reinstall XP noone is forcing you to use Vista.

Walker, Dec 17, 2007
  8. Lewa Nua

kingofnexus

I get a better 3dmark06 score in vista than xp in 3D rendering, especially for pixelshader 3.0. What does appear to be reduced in vista is my CPU score, dont know why.

kingofnexus, Dec 17, 2007
  9. Lewa Nua

A-mak

Because under the hood its still based around NT like XP was (V6.0? where as XP was 5.1)

A-mak, Dec 18, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question