Ultimate BSOD kills my User Profile? Anyone else have this happen?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by abuthemagician, May 9, 2007.

1. abuthemagician

abuthemagician

This morning when i booted up my laptop, vista came up to the login screen so i entered my password (PC is in a domain) and it went to a BSOD screen where it did a mini-dump and restarted. Then when it got back to the login screen, I entered my password again and it let me in. When i got to my desktop i was greeted with NOTHING. Thats right, all the files on my desktop are done, and everything in my Documents folder as well. Luckily i have backups as i am in a domain but this is rediculous. Anyone else see this?

abuthemagician, May 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. abuthemagician

WAW8

Not a "domain" expert, my only exposure is in using my machine at work, but in that environment, the IT group maintains the domain and the servers. They regularly push stuff to my desktop, update stuff that is there, and remove stuff. So, if this "domain" is maintained at your job through an IT department, you should talk to them about what they've done to your desktop. If it's a domain you administer (i.e., at home), sorry, I can't help you there.

WAW8, May 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question