UAC freezing, not allowing me to do anything

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Dick, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Dick

Dick

<DIV id=post_message_9637438>I just installed vista but it is almost completly unusable because I can't do anything that causes the UAC to come up.

Basically what happens is the UAC box comes up asking permission, I press continue then the screen greys out and nothing happens... if I wait a few mins or press alt+ctrl+delete the screen returns to normal but what ever I wanted to do has not happened.

The most annoying part is that every way I have tried of removing the UAC requiers it to come up at some stage! Even bringing regedit up needs flippin authentication! Please help, anyone have a clue whats going on?

Thanks</DIV>

Dick, Aug 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Dick

Jason

Have you tried enabling the admin account? Dont know if that will bring up prompts or not.

Jason, Aug 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Dick

xiayu

You can disable UAC via msconfig without UAC prompts. It will require a reboot. This is a temporary fix obviously but perhaps it will be enough to troubleshoot whatever is causing this behavior.

xiayu, Aug 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question