TweakUAC - Free application to control UAC prompts

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by Jason, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Jason

Jason

TweakUAC(TM) is a free software tool that you can use to quickly turn UAC (User Account Control of Windows Vista) on or off, or to make UAC operate in the quiet mode:

[​IMG]

Turn UAC off

This option turns UAC off completely. If this is what you want, select this option, press OK, restart the computer, and you won’t see the elevation prompts anymore. Windows Vista will operate pretty much like Windows XP does when you login to its administrator’s account.

Switch UAC to the quiet mode

This option does not turn off UAC; instead, it only makes UAC to operate in the quiet mode. In the quiet mode, UAC does not display the elevation prompts for the administrators. That is, when you attempt to do an administrative task, you will be allowed to proceed automatically, without prompting you to confirm the operation. All other features of UAC would still be enabled: the programs will run with the standard user permissions by default, and the standard users will still see the elevation prompts (the quiet mode applies to the administrator accounts only).

Leave UAC on

If you have previously turned UAC off or switched it to operate in the quiet mode, you can use this option to restore the original behavior of UAC.

Download here: http://www.tweak-uac.com/TweakUAC.exe

Jason, Jan 10, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

Deebees

I have just downloaded this programme and set my computer to silent mode and it works OK, however I am now getting the red shield in my task bar and I now have security alerts I click on the red shield and I am told that UAC is turned off. Is there a way of getting rid of this red shield?

Deebees, Apr 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Jason

kruger

There is a way to turn off the alerts. Click on the shield that you see or go into the control panel and open up Security Center. Look for where it says, Change the way Security Center alerts me.

Click on where it says Change the way Security Center alerts me. On the window that pops up, click on Dont notify me, but display the icon or Don't notify me and don't display the icon. Your Choice.

kruger, Dec 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question