Tweaking bootloader gui

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by odinh, Jan 19, 2009.

1. odinh

odinh

Hi all!

I've read https://www.vistaforums.com/Forum/Topic14906-41-1.aspxand also googled for hours regarding this subject. I would like to tweak the startup bootloader. I've seen options such as BootIt, GAG and many more, but not quite what i wanted. Imagine a screen with a jpg background and 2 options, one Xp and other Vista. No timer, no DOS kind of texts of various types. Simple, yet not easy to obtain. There are tons of bootloaders out there, and apparantly ubuntu have their own magnificent GRUB which can be tweaked to do so... but alas.. I'm a Windows user :-/

To be clear, I've already managed to install and dual boot the "normal" way... but I want to extend this now and make things more "classy"/"cool" :) Any tips and suggestions are welcome (preferably if you suggest 3rd party tools, they shouldn't be too expensive).

odinh, Jan 19, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. odinh

WAW8

Stardock makes a number of products that can enhance the windows and loading experiences.

NeoSmart also provide EasyBCD that will allow you to modify the boot loader operation using a GUI -- but that's done inside of Vista and is probably not what you want.

I don't know of any product that will allow you to completely customize the behavior of the Vista boot loader.

Your best bet would be to Google on Vista boot manager and see if there are any MS technical pages that come up explaining the details.

WAW8, Jan 19, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question