TV out/ S video success stories

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by stray1, Jun 30, 2007.

1. stray1

stray1

Hey all, Im looking for some tips on how to gets Vistas tv detection to work well. I have a geforce 7100 gs bought specifically to output to a tv. Unfortunately it cannot DETECT the TV no matter what i try.

Has anyone been able to pipe their Vista Installations out through the Svideo of their graphics card? was there a specific trick to do so? Nvidia has a place to 'force tv detection' but that doesn't seem to be enough. Whats worse is that the Nvidia forums document this as a problem since RC1 of Vista, but no word since.

The final straw of anger here is that the whole setup works perfectly fine in XP. my employers upgraded the whole sucker(s) to Vista and BAM no ones tv out works. I find it crazy that the proble has been replicated on all the machines in the office.

Any help or tips would be appreciated,

stray1, Jun 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. stray1

kingofnexus

Not sure. Sounds definately like a driver issue.

My ATI card works perfectly and detects my TV via svideo fine, so its not an issue with vista itself.

kingofnexus, Jul 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. stray1

stray1

AH HA, you are correct. The latest Drivers from Nvidia have corrected the problem somewhat (they are BETA drivers after all). The option wasnt present because Nvidia hadnt enabled that yet. CRAZY- are media center PCs being sent out from HP and Dell yet? do they have that option disabled?

I do have a question for you though.

I have an AV switch to change the various outputs to the TV, Dont ask me why we havent consolidated our equipment- thats the price i pay for have 3 housemates. Unless the AV switch is set to my media center PC, the TV isnt detected. IS this the same for ATI? Although I owned mostly ATI cards This is my first Nvidia and Im not liking the mechanics of outputting to TV.

stray1, Jul 7, 2007
  4. stray1

kingofnexus

My TV is detected as long as its switched on, but doesn't need to be set on the av for my PC.

Remember it may just be how my TV works rather than how the card detects the TV. But yeah my ati card detects the TV whatever its set on.

kingofnexus, Jul 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question