Trying to install Svc Pack

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by doni49, Jun 26, 2008.

1. doni49

doni49

Last night, I turned on my PC and found a message that there's an update available, after reviewing the "before you install" items, I started the install process.

When I went to bed it still said that part 1 of 3 was 20% complete. So I left my PC on and went to bed. When I got up in the morning, the PC had shut down. So I assumed it had finished. When I started it up tonight, I got the same message--update available.

Once again, I started the install process. I watched it go through all three steps--1 of 3, 2 of 3 and 3 of 3. It got to the point where it said that 3 of 3 was 100% complete. And stayed like that for about 40 minutes. Then next thing I know, it is telling me "Update did not install, reverting changes". It took about 2 hours for it to revert, but now it's once again telling me there's an update available.

I checked my drive space--there is 90+ GB free on the C drive.

Any ideas?

TIA!

doni49, Jun 26, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question