Troubleshooting USB Driver problems

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by WAW8, Mar 3, 2008.

1. WAW8

WAW8

If you're having problems with USB drivers in Vista, or if Vista is prompting you to install such drivers, this sometimes happens because the driver cache file gets corrupted. To remove it, do the following:

1) Open Windows Explorer and go to C:\Windows\inf folder

2) Remove the INFCACHE1.inf file there

When you restart, Vista will rebuild the cache file and may prompt you for drivers to do that.

If that doesn't fix it, see the following MS link for some additional advice:

[url]https://windowshelp.microsoft...c39bd203-f729-47a4-8351-83291e13c8a81033.mspx [/url]

WAW8, Mar 3, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. WAW8

scb222

i tried removing the infcache.1 file and it didnt help. the link you gave is way too basic, i had tried that before - updating/rolling back drivers. no luck at all.i am running home premium 32 bit, service pack 1. do all vista versions have these usb driver problems? will upgrading to ultimate fix the problem? i dont want nor need to upgrade unless it is guaranteed to work. the strange thing is my friend's pc is running home premium too but without service pack 1 and it works fine on her pc. i think the fault is in the service pack. any comments, any help? please!

scb222, Jul 8, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question