Trouble reinstalling XP over Vista

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by dkhenderson2, Aug 9, 2007.

1. dkhenderson2

dkhenderson2

I am having trouble reinstalling XP pro over Vista Ultimate - It gets to the piont were it loads the setup from the disk but when it gets to the piont where the set up starts I get a stop error 0x0000007b. I have changed drives and memory but I still get the same error. Vista still works fine but too many of my old programs aren't compatible. Iwant to blow Vista away and have justXP.

Please help

dkhenderson2, Aug 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. dkhenderson2

AmericanNightmare

Good luck with that one. You are going to have more than just that issue trying to reinstall XP over Vista. If you want XP back i suggest you save yourself a lot of frustration and wipe the drive clean if possible then install XP. As too these compatibility issues i guess i am lucky b/c i have only had one experience in 4 months where XP software would not work under Vista.

AmericanNightmare, Aug 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. dkhenderson2

WAW8

Stop error 7b typically means that your OS drive is a SATA drive and Windows setup can't find it because the correct SATA driver isn't loaded. The general solution is to download the driver for the mobo (it's generally part of the chipset driver set), and press F6 during installation to load that driver.

Did your machine come with Vista preinstalled? Or did you install it yourself?

WAW8, Aug 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question