tried to install vista beta and now I have ACPI.SYS problems

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by john_mal, Dec 2, 2006.

1. john_mal

john_mal

I tried installing vista beta awhile ago and it wouldn't install but now everytime i start my laptop i have to make sure i select windows previous version or windows setup or a blue screen pops up and says that there's a driver problem

Techinfo:

stop: 0x0000007e (0xc0000420, 0x8261940d, 0x828046f0, 0x828043ec)

ACPI.sys - address 8261940d base at 82606000, date stamp 4549ac8d

I was able to load vista using virtual pc with no problems

and when i try to install it on to my regular computer it starts fine and starts installing then all of a sudden the blue screen pops up and the crap up above shows up.

any help please would be greatly appreciated.

oh yeah it wont let me go into safe mode either the blue screen pops up with the same crap.

john_mal, Dec 2, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. john_mal

vistaviewer

Running vista within a virtual environment is just that - virtual. The operating system is a little fussier out of the sandbox!

Here are some things to try:-

1. Use memory diagnostic tool to test physical memory.

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

2. Evaluate your PC hardware and drivers using the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor. Follow the recommended actions as advised by the tool.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/upgradeadvisor/default.mspx

3. Check with your hardware vendor for any updated hardware drivers or BIOS updates, or both.

Note: Windows Vista requires an ACPI compliant BIOS. The workaround previously used with Windows XP by installing the Standard PC HAL is not a solution in Windows Vista.

4. Remove unnecessary hardware if possible.

vistaviewer, Dec 30, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question