Touchpad Drivers?

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Thomato, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Thomato

Thomato

I have an Acer Aspire 5710 with a touchpad. I fast discovered that the touchpad was too sensitive to tapping, so switched that function off completely shortly after purchase.

The touchpad has reset itself though - it now taps again! This is a problem, as it selects at random. The scroll function has also completely removed itself from the computer, not only from the side of the pad, but also from the scroll button below the pad! This is possibly even more annoying than the tapping.

I wonder whether this might be to do with the driver. Is it possible that the driver might have updated itself and / or been deleted? I can't find the settings that let me adjust the tap sensitivity before.

Can anybody help, please?
    Many thanks!

Thomato, Nov 14, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Thomato

WAW8

Sorry, don't know of any generic touchpad drivers. Have you tried going to the Acer website and looking there for touchpad drivers? They may have an updated version that will work.

WAW8, Nov 14, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Thomato

Thomato

Thanks, WAW8. I have tried, but none of the Synaptics drivers will load onto the machine for some reason. I simply don't know what's caused it, but will get my brother in law to have a look. He's good with computers!
    Ttfn

Thomato, Nov 21, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question