Toshiba laptop w- Vista problems with Internet Explorer and general operations

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by gluggo, Mar 18, 2007.

1. gluggo

gluggo

My first post I had a problem with my new Toshiba Lap Top. It has the Vista home premium installed. Its a Satellite P105-S6197 laptop. I have had it for about 3 weeks and it just started to not allow my internet explorer to come up. It would come up 1 time and then would not respond after that. I did put a few downloads on the computor but nothing important. This is my 4th laptop I have owned but my first with vista. My 2nd Toshiba laptop. Anybody else had this?

Last night I was disgusted so I ran it through the Toshiba recovery disk and whiped it clean. The disk worked without a flaw and now I am back to where I was after I first bought the laptop. This time I made a restore point right after the recovery disk did its job. But I am still at a loss as to why the problems.

The control panel was not responding as well as the movies when I tried to play them. Even the uninstall programs refused to work.

I am glad to say that now everything is working great. I think the only real update to the laptop was a

HPprinter 7410 software I added.

MS Office 2007 full version I added

MS Office 2007 Proffessor

I did add Sony Sonic Stage ver 3.2 for network walkman it never did work I tried to download the vista version online and did but never did get it working. But that was early in the first days and had not problems until about 3 weeks later. Just throwing this out there just in case someone else has had this problem. Like I said its now fixed due to the reformatting disks.

gluggo, Mar 18, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. gluggo

Barbara Sanfino

I also have a Toshiba laptop running Vista that was having an internet connection problem,I went to the Control Panel and Uninstalled the Toshiba Games in Add/Remove programs. So far, so good . . .

Barbara Sanfino, May 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question