Toshiba 215 S7447 did not wake up but died !

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Mr. Tidy, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Mr. Tidy

Mr. Tidy

I've had this Toshiba Sat 215 S7447 with an AMD processor since Oct. It has run ok with few problems until this morning. I have it set to sleep and when up late at night I let it do it's thing because it takes so long to boot up. Today I came in and touched the mouse pad and the user Icon came up and said locked, I chose it and

it started to wake up, or so I thought. The screen was lit but blank. I waited for quite some time and it never changed. The only way it would would respond was to just shut it down by holding the start button. I tried to reboot and same thing with blank screen after the basic screen for set up... I tried several times, then tried for a safe mode boot screen. I finally got it and it failed on safe mode. I re did the boot and tried "repair computer", it failed again. After trying most options I resorted to the Recovery Disk, first try was to restore the system from previous date, this failed also. What it came down to was I had to do a complete recovery to get my computer back and I didn't think it was even going to recover as at the end they tell you it's doing the final configuration and then reboots. It did this 3 times before finally coming up and booting proper. I still think it takes too long to boot even with just the factory system files...

Any comments or has this happened to anyone else.

Mr T..

Mr. Tidy, Feb 21, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Mr. Tidy

WAW8

Recovering from sleep is still one of the top problems plaguing Vista. MS has pushed out Update after Update to fix it, and they're continuing that with SP 1. Sorry, but there's no simple cure for sleep problems.

WAW8, Feb 21, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Mr. Tidy

Mr. Tidy

Thanks for the reply, Coming out of sleep mode was the only thing I knew of that may have been a problem. After reinstalling everything I now just turn the monitor off but do let it go to sleep. I'm shutting it down at night now also. I don't think I'll ever trust it again with any data on it at all. Fortunately I keep a flash or memory card in it to back up my bank register. I guess I'll start saving any other things I don't want to loose. If for some reason it does this again it's either going back or XP will have a new home.

Thanks Mike.

Mr. Tidy, Feb 23, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question