thumbnail issues

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by pmfman, Nov 27, 2012.

1. pmfman

pmfman

initially I was having problems with random videos (the same ones every time) not displaying the thumbnails, the issue had nothing to do with a specific file type, as it appeared to be random and the problem was only with videos, not pictures. after awhile of getting sick of this problem, I rebuilt the video cache which restored the thumbnails for about 50% of the videos which werent displaying which was good enough for me. although a few weeks later (this hapened shortly after upgrading to the newest version of VLC which may or may not be related) and now 100% of the videos are not displaying thumbnails. I have tried rebuilding the video cache by letting windows do it, as well as manually. I have tried updating shockwave, java, video codecs, and drivers.

does anyone have any ideas of how to restore my video thumbnails, this has me completley stumped. :confused:

pmfman, Nov 27, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. pmfman

George8899

No. I only get thumbnails for certain types of files but not how you describe.

George8899, Nov 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. pmfman

pmfman

the guy that i spoke to at microsoft said that he had no idea and the only way he might be able to help is to pay for premium service and remote connect

pmfman, Dec 3, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question