This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) (Windows Vista RC1 [5600])

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by TyPe-ZeRo, Sep 19, 2006.

1. TyPe-ZeRo

TyPe-ZeRo

Hey everyone, new to the forum!

I'd like to first say that I'm really digging Vista so far but unfortunately it does not run tip top shape after installation (to be expected from a RC no?)

In Device manager, I show nothing but one item that has an error and that is my eVGA 7900GT KO. I downloaded the nVidia drivers, booted in safe mode and installed the drivers and it now gives me the error under the 'NVIDIA 7900GT/GTO' properties:

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

This is of course with the Windows Vista Drivers that nVidia released on September 1, 2006.

...obviously I think this has to do with IRQ settings, but after a good hours worth of googling, people say something about APIC 1.4 which I guess from reading I can assume it has to do with enabling/freeing up more IRQ's to assign devices to...

I'd really appreciate if someone were to push me to my merry way to happily using Vista :) and Thank you for reading/helping.

the following link is a screenshot of my system and the error.

[​IMG]

Misc. System Information:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+

RAM: 512MB DDR400

MOBO: Gigabyte 'GA-K8N51GMF-9 F2'

VGA: eVGA 7900 GT KO

PSU: OCZ GameXstream 600W

Thanks again!

TyPe-ZeRo, Sep 19, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. TyPe-ZeRo

TyPe-ZeRo

Fix:

It turns out that if you own the Gigabyte board: GA-K8N51GMF-9, you must update your motherboard BIOS to revision F07 so that the PCI bridge can be properly assigned (or something to that effect).

Edit: I officially have a PERFECT copy of Windows Vista RC1 running :D *knock on wood*

TyPe-ZeRo, Sep 20, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. TyPe-ZeRo

kingofnexus

Glad hear that you got it working!

The only mobo's I ever get are from ASUS ;)

kingofnexus, Sep 20, 2006
  4. TyPe-ZeRo

TyPe-ZeRo

In all truths, I wanted an ASUS motherboard, but hey, I got the motherboard for free :D

TyPe-ZeRo, Sep 21, 2006
  5. TyPe-ZeRo

Burningmace

I've had this issue with the Gigabyte GA7DXR+ and Jetway 663AS motherboards too.

In both cases I've had to go through all of the System Devices section and attempt a driver update on each device choosing my CD drive as a search directory with the motherboard driver disc in, as well as update the BIOS.

Burningmace, Sep 27, 2006
  6. TyPe-ZeRo

sardac777

Seems like the bios update is the way to go,

I have a customer with an asus mobo and same problem withhis 7600gs d/card

will try the bios update, ms say that nvidia haven't made fully compatibledrivers yet????

will try bios and repost

sardac777, Mar 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question