THere was a problem connecting to the TPM

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by jparnold, Aug 1, 2011.

1. jparnold

jparnold

Hello
    Yes I found another post with this same question but after reading it I did not totally understand the replies and/or tried what I read with no success.

I have a note book with VIsta Business installed which I only recently purchased.
    Recently near the end of the boot/load Windows the message is displayed.

UPDATE

Not one for giving up and anxious to resolve the problem I decided to see what would happen if I RESTORED the PC to an earlier date.
    Guess what the error now does NOT occur.

All I can think of what could have caused this problem is that I used ASHAMPOO WINOPTIMISER a couple of times which removes files deemed to be not necessary and also cleans the REGISTRY of all sorts of things.

Could Winoptimiser have caused this problem?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
    jparnold, Aug 1, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. jparnold

WAW8

Short answer ... yes -- it could. But then, so could any of the other so-called Registry Optimizers.

The registry is a collection of database files, and is only accessed when needed. There is really little to no value to "optimizing" it, and there is some risk from doing that -- as you have seen.

Given the huge capacity of modern hard drives, coupled with the speed of processors and memory, IMHO, there is no real value to attempting to "optimize" the registry.

WAW8, Aug 1, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question